Activities & Services
Each Hurtigruten ship has something unique to offer. Despite their differences, they all provide the same intimate travel experience, with their own informal atmosphere. Comfortable lounges and ample deck space afford perfect views as you glide through some of the world's most beautiful and untouched scenery.
Gratuities to service crew in bars, restaurants, and cabins on board is at guests' discretion. A guideline is $12USD per guest, per day. If you decide to tip, please fill out the form provided in your cabin and give it to the ship's receptionist two nights before the end of the cruise. The amount will be debited to your cruise account.
- Conference Room/Conference Center
- Internet Café There is an internet café onboard. Wireless access is available in most public areas for use with guests' laptops or mobile devices. Please note that the bandwidth is narrow and reception intermittent.
- Evening Entertainment The emphasis on board is on relaxation and getting away from the commercial entertainment which is so often a part of conventional cruises. Hurtigruten's aim is to get closer to unique environments and share the experience with fellow passengers. Occasionally, there be some musical entertainment on board in the evenings.
- Boutique(s) (duty-free) There is an onboard shop selling souvenirs, knitwear, books, postcards, postage stamps, and a limited supply of toiletries.
- Communications Private mobile telephones may be used on board although reception may vary. Check with your provider for costs when using your phone abroad.
- Infirmary / Medical Center There is an English-speaking physician and nurse on board at all times. The ship has a small medical facility with the necessary equipment and drugs to handle small emergencies.
- Fitness Room
- Meals Onboard Your voyage includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Beverages and refreshments during the day are not included and can be purchased on board in the restaurant, cafeteria, and bar.